Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Music ♫♪

My English IV Honors teacher had us read
Sonnet 43 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

A Sonnet is a 14 lined poem
with a rhyme scheme.
[ABAB, ABBA, blah blah]

We were then asked to write a sonnet
with a ABAB CDCD EFEF GG rhyme scheme.

Here is my poem entitled 'Music'
[well..duh.. isnt that what I always write about? lol]

You Complete Me. You do.
I can depend on you in more ways than one.
Nothing on this earth soothes me like you.
You brighten up my day like the sun.

Never in my life have I felt a stronger connection.
Your love takes me beyond the moon.
With all my insecurities, you provide me protection.
You enlighten me when I'm filled with gloom.

I just don't know what to say.
Without you my day isn't complete.
I love you in every way
I have to give into defeat.
Music, I love you, and I'll never let you go
because you've shown me more than anyone can show.

No comments:

Post a Comment